What Kind Of Air Compressor Lubricant Should I Use?
A lot of customers call us asking what kind of compressor lubricant they should use in their air compressor. We wanted to share some key things to look for when searching for an air compressor lubricant.
- Model & Serial: Just like with parts, knowing the model and serial number for your compressor is always helpful when talking to a lubricant specialist or compressor house about your specific compressor lubrication needs.
- What Type Of Oil Are You Currently Using: Knowing what type or brand of oil you are currently using with your air compressor is very important. Compressors have a long life time and over that lifetime you may have flooded it with different brands or types of oil. Compatibility is key and knowing what type of oil is currently in the unit helps guarantee product compatibility.
- Viscosity Requirements: Different types of compressors use different types of viscosities of oil. Rotary Screw Compressors generally use a 32, 46, or 68 viscosities. Piston, Vane, and Reciprocating Compressors generally use 100 viscosities. Maintaining viscosity helps keep your air compressor running and lubricating, avoiding a costly shut down.
- Performance: Always look for high performance oil. Excellent rust and corrosion protection, high oxidation stability, and a non-foaming formula.
Call our customer service or technical service team and let us help you find the right compressor lubricant for your air compressor. 800.973.3196 – Toll Free
- Confident Compatibility: We Guarantee 100% Product Match.*
- High Standards: Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008 Facility
- Value: Best Quality At Fair Price.
- Quick Delivery: Always In Stock.
- Customer Satisfaction: US Compressor Quality Promise.
*Product match and compatibility is guaranteed with product-to-product replacement match to OEM and for pour-over fluid compatibility matches per our cross reference/compatibility guide. Not all fluids are compatible. Please contact a US Compressor representative or technical service to answer questions regarding a compatible solution for your needs. OEM(Original Equipment Manufacture) part number or product names are for reference only.